If you’ve already signed up, too, super. If not, I won’t tell you what to do, but it does sound like fun.
The link’s above, but in case you can’t or won’t make with the clicky, here are the rules:
Rules of the Road:
So, what’s involved in this challenge you ask? It isn’t too difficult. It involves reading six books throughout 2011 (January 1 through December 31, 2011). One book should be read that fits into each of the following categories:
- A book by a new to you author who’s blurbed a book you enjoyed. So check out the cover of a crime fiction book you’ve enjoyed and see who blurbed that book and is also an author you’ve never read before.
- A book that has been made into a movie. It doesn’t have to be a movie you’ve seen but it can be. The book, however, should be one you haven’t read before. (Examples: MYSTIC RIVER, L.A. CONFIDENTIAL, LONDON BOULEVARD, HOSTAGE, etc.)
- A book with a protagonist opposite your own gender. So if you’re female, the protagonist should be male; if you’re male the protagonist should be female.
- A book set outside the country in which you live.
- A book that’s the first in a new-to-you series.
- A book by a 2011 debut author.
If you want the rest of the details or you want to join the fun, head over to the Challenge Blog Post.
If you need some ideas or inspiration, check this out.